MD80 V2.1 motor controller
MD80 V2.0 is the second revision of our integrated brushless motor controller. It's even more capable than before - up to 48V operation with peak current of 80A, minimized cogging torque and almost silent operation thanks to improved measurements and power stage. External encoder capability and software controlled CAN-FD termination.
The MD80 V2.0 is specifically designed to meet the needs of mobile robotics. This new motor controller delivers maximum performance, energy-efficiency and reliability, making it an ideal solution for demanding applications. It is designed to be user-friendly, with an intuitive interface that makes it easy to program and adjust the settings as needed. During the prototyping phase, the MD80 can work seamlessly with the CANdle device, providing a quick and easy way to test and refine your ideas. Once you're ready to move to production, the MD80 can be used as a standalone solution, with all the features and capabilities you need to take your project to the next level.
• Voltage: up to 48V DC
• Peak motor current: 80 A
• Size: ∅55 mm
• Mass: 30g
• Interface: FDCAN up to 8 Mbps
• Software FDCAN termination control
• Auxiliary connector for external on-axis and off-axis ring encoders
• Main applications: quadrupedal and legged robots, exoskeletons, ROV, UGV, drone, indoor mobile robots, wheeled platforms, and cobots.
• Motion modes: position, velocity, impedance
• Onboard 14-bit Absolute Encoder
• ROS / ROS2 drivers
• C++ / Python libraries
• Single cable (crimped on both ends) and encoder magnet included
We are able to integrate the MD80 controller with any motor of your choice and deliver a ready-to-use actuator. Please contact us before purchase for more details.
Specific documentation and 3D models are available upon contact.
If you are looking for something different that isn't available on our website, don't hesitate to contact us! We are not afraid of challenges :)